Some Guidelines for Your Discernment
Please read the following criteria so that you can assess your suitability for the CenterQuest School of Spiritual Direction (SSD). We offer the following criteria as the ideal in order to help you discern whether you may indeed have a strong calling to this type of ministry.
- You are validated in this calling by the way others are naturally drawn to ask you to attend to their spiritual path.
- Your life history and experience demonstrate passion for God and careful attentiveness with God’s involvement in your life and the lives of others.
- You sense a joy in companioning others on their spiritual journey through helping them discover the movement of God in their own lives.
- You have been and are currently a directee in ongoing spiritual direction.
Important Additional Criteria
- Basic computer and Internet skills
- A Windows or Mac computer that meets the minimum software and hardware requirements (refer to the FAQ on Online Learning/Technology for details)
- A reliable broadband Internet connection
Additionally, you need to be familiar with—or be open to learning—several software programs, including the recent version of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, Adobe PDF Reader, Skype, Zoom, plus YouTube and other multimedia tools.
Starting Cycle 2, we require that all accepted applicants go through the SC – Soul Companioning: Intro to SD (4-week online course) and pass it satisfactorily as a final determining factor for the applicant’s suitability for the SSD hybrid program.
NOTE: Super Early Bird Application for Cycle 3 (Cohort 2018-2019) officially opens October 15, 2016. Final Deadline for Cycle 3 application is on October 15, 2017.
Introductory Letter to the Applicant:
Thank you for your interest in our School of Spiritual Direction (SSD). Before you proceed in the application process we want to make sure you understand a few key details. We consider each applicant with great care. We are committed to working with you to discern whether our program is a good fit for you. It goes without saying therefore that not everyone will be accepted. It is important that you become familiar with our SSD program overview (including the FAQ page), as well as the criteria and the process for application.
After completing your application online or in hard copy (see buttons below), you will need to send your non-refundable, non-transferable application fee of $150 to our CenterQuest office (595 E. Colorado Blvd., Ste. 431, Pasadena, CA 91101). For your convenience, you may choose to also pay online via PayPal on our website (http://www.cqcenterquest.org/paypal/pay-fees/). Kindly have your recommenders send the recommendation forms to us no later than two weeks from the date of application submission (earlier is always better!). Your recommenders may complete the recommendation forms online or offline (refer to specific instructions after you submit your application). Once your application is received and reviewed, you will be contacted and scheduled immediately after for a personal interview via phone, Skype, or Zoom video call.
Please know that we have already begun to pray for you and that we are confident that God is guiding each of us as we discern with you.
Together in the Center,
CQ Communications Coordinator